Fire Alarm System Inspection
American Fire & Security can provide required inspections, maintenance and certification of your business fire alarm system.
We make sure that your business fire alarm system is in compliance with NFPA 72 as well as federal, state and local codes specific to your business.
Our detailed inspection procedure includes an annual check of every device on your system because in a fire emergency, you need to have the peace of mind that every part of your alarm system is functioning.
The four basic requirements for fire alarm system inspection and maintenance are:
1. Quarterly System and component Inspection
2. Annual Testing and Maintenance
- Verify alarm panel, initiating and individuating devices are functioning properly
- Verify system power supplies are sufficient and functioning properly
- Clean detectors with compressed air
- Test functionality of 20% of detectors
- Check every pull station in the facility for function and accessibility
- Verify points being monitored are correct
- Confirm the signal has reached the central station
3. Record Keeping
4. Training and Education for Personnel